- In a case with implications for school boards, the justices will weigh the constitutionality of prayers at municipal meetings
- U.S. Rep. Martha Roby, R-Ala., has introduced a bill that would prohibit the U.S. Department of Education and the education secretary from using federal grant money or waivers to encourage states to adopt common standards or tests.
- You may have noticed from Rethinking Schools Facebook page that four new editorial associates have joined our volunteer editorial board. Moé Yonamine, from Portland, Ore., was born in Okinawa and brings the insights of someone who has lived in a place bullied–but not defeated–by colonial powers. Moé teaches and Oregon’s most racially diverse high school, […]
- Dana Goldstein
Senate candidate Todd Akin claimed yesterday that “legitimate rape” somehow turns off the female body’s reproductive capabilities. That is absurd.
ONI’s RSS News Sources
- Education Week – Diversity
- Education Week – TheSchoolLawBlog
- Education Week – Campaign K-12
- Rethinking Schools
- The Nation – Dana Goldstein (Education)